Although in complete ruins, this former grand church is one of the most popular and visited of all the historical sites in Old Goa. It sits on top of a high hill (Monte Santo, or Holy Hill) overlooking the Mondavi River. The remaining tower is 46m high, one of four former towers anchoring the enormous Our Lady of Grace church and the adjoining Augustinian monastery. The church was abandoned in 1835 due to religious persecution at the time from the Portuguese government and collapsed within a few years afterward. Here are some photos of all that remains of what was once one of the largest and most spectacular buildings in all Goa.